Red hot prices at Silverdale Weaner Sale.
Steers making $1,287 & Heifers making $1,056
The 2018 Silverdale weaner sale was extremely dear. With agents Hayes and Co yarding 1967 head. The top quality of the yarding was a credit to all vendors with top lines coming from the local areas and as far afield as Nebo, Rockhampton, Nanango, Kilcoy, Toogoolawah, Crow’s Nest, cattle even coming from clean country to be a part of the top-quality day.
This drew a large panel of new buyers from the Downs and Western areas, with one buyer in particular buying 500 head for different orders. Heavy weaners were regularly cracking $1,000-$1.300 and top-quality weaner breeding heifers easily making $1,000-$1,100. G & N Lucas again stole the
show with their top quality Charolais steers and heifers winning both the steers and heifer classes.
Judging Results- Steers
Silverdale Weaner Sale Steer Section:
1st Prize – Pen 5 – G & N Lucas
2nd Prize – Pen 6 – G & N Lucas
3rd Prize – Pen 54 – PS Murray
Video – Auction of Pen 5
Sliverdale Weaner Sale Steer Section Highlights
- QTFN Queensland Trust sold lines of Charbray Brahman and Droughtmaster steers to top at $1.287 to average $1,188.
- G & N Lucas sold lines of Charolais steers to top at 3.04 to return $1,102, to average 2.97 to return an average of $1.,029.
- T & K Turner sold lines of Angus steers for 2.96 to return $1,038, $1,033 and sold lighter Angus steers for $770 and $790.
- Mary-Rose Gillet sold lines of Angus for 2.98 to return $1,091 and $1,057.
- Cameron Ag Co sold lines of Angus steers for 2.97 to return $993 and light Angus steers for $700.
- Roslyn D’addona sold lines of Angus steers for 2.95 to average $804.
- Judith Elliot sold Bradford steers for 3.35 to return $1,043.
- Finnegan Family Trust sold Brangus steers for 2.90 to return $932.
- P & FA Buhle sold Charbray steers for 2.91 to return $1.193.
- Ian Gordon sold charbray steers for 2.96 to return $913.
- The Johnson Family sold Charbray x steers for 3.00 to return $937.
- The Morrison sold Charbray steers for 2.95 to return $1,032.
- M Stenzel sold lines of Euro steers to top at 3.08 to return $924, lines of steers averaged 3.00 to average $864.
- The Moffatt Family sold Hereford x steers for 2.98 to return $991.
- PS Murray sold lines of Charolais steers for $1,050.
- Eleanora Pastoral sold top quality line of 103 Simbrah and Charbray steers to average $910.
- MJ O’Dwyer sold lines of Charbray steers for $950 and $940.
- The O’Dwyer family also sold a steer with led steer potential for $1,240.
- P & Fa Buhle sold lines of Limousin and Charolais steers to average $836 to top at $1,193 & $930.
- Surawski Farming sold lines of Limousin and Charbray steers to average $817 to top at $890.
- Donahue Grazing sold lines of Charbray steers for $920 and $900.
- John & MM Wyatt sold lines of Charbray steers for $910 and $910.
- Wyatt Pastoral sold lines of Charbray steers for $870.
- D & M Sanders sold a line of Euro x steers for $830.
- Willcocks Investments sold Charolias steers for $840.
- The Johnson Family sold lines of Euro steers to average $808 and to top at $937 & $830.
- Dennis and Lorraine Tones sold lines of Droughtmaster steers for $990.
- R & B Pastoral sold lines of Charbray steers for $870 and $830.
- Matt & Kylie Bernitt sold lines of Charbray steers for $870.
- Mark Muller sold Limousin x steers for $870.
- D & F Morrison sold lines of Charbray and Euro steers to average $956 to top at $1,032 & $960.
- Dustan Morrison sold Charbray steers for $830.
- Luke & Anna Hass sold lines of Charbray x steers for $880.
- AB & MK Sommerlad sold lines of Bradford steers for $880, Brahman steers for $880 and Droughtmaster steers for $890.
- M Christensen sold Bradford steers for $880.
- D Whittred sold lines of Brahman and Droughtmaster steers for $880 and $890.
- IC & KJ Holz sold Charbray and Santa x steers for $960 and $ 830, Sold lines of euro heifers for an average of $818 to top at $860 and $830.
Judging Results – Heifers
Silverdale Weaner Sale Heifer Section:
1st Prize – Pen 41 – G & N Lucas
2nd Prize – Pen 135 – Jason Wyatt T/A Wyatt Earthmoving
3rd Prize – Pen 1B – Eleanora Pastoral Trust
Silverdale Weaner Sale Heifer Section Highlights
- The Lucas Family also sold top quality lines of Charolais heifers for future breeders the heifers topped at 3.13 to return $1,056 to average 3.00 to return $990.
- The Turner Family also sold lines of Angus heifers for 2.63 to return $828.
- Cameron Ag sold lines of Angus heifers for 2.60 to return $876.
- PS Murray sold top quality Charbray heifers for $870.
- The Wyatt Family also sold lines of Charbray heifers top quality for $890, $800 and $760.
- Jason Wyatt sold a line of Charbray heifers for $740.
- Eleanora Pastoral sold lines of Simbra and Charbray heifers for an average of $701 to top at $920.
- Surawski Farming sold lines of Charbray heifers to top at $890.
- Matt & Kylie Bernitt sold lines of Charbray heifers for $650.
- Mark Muller sold Limousin heifers for $700.
- DE & MA Sanders sold Euro heifers for $710.
- Mark Wilkes sold Charbray heifers for $700.
Silverdale Weaner Sale Overall Champion pen:
G & N Lucas
Lucky Vendor Draw Winners:
BE & JA Manderson, RJL Livestock, Franks & Paterson, David Gordon, Eleanora Pastoral Trust, AB & MK Sommerlad
Thanks to these Silverdale Weaner Sale Sponsors
Photos from the Day
Charity Heifer Auction
Video of the Silverdale Weaner Sale auction of a weaner heifer that Brian & Jill Surawski were donating ½ the proceeds of to the 4 Aussie Heros Foundation
Link to Sale Listing archive