Below are four (4) documents that have, or are being mailed out to all producers over the next week or so from Jan Weatherley “Chief Executive Officer” of Integrity Systems Company.
- Letter from Integrity Systems
- LPA Requirements # 6 Biosecurity
- LPA Requirements #7 Animal welfare
- LPA On-Farm Biosecurity Plan Template
- National Cattle Health Declaration
If you are LPA accredited, please do not stress. The letter reads that under the new program you will only need to renew your accreditation
“once every three years”. This will include a short on-line assessment and paying $66 (including GST).
Please note: You will be notified via mail or email approximately two months prior before your accreditation is due and given instructions for working through the new process. (This date will be different for everyone, there is no exact date, so please do not stress until you receive the email or the letter notifying you what to do to renew your accreditation).
RENEWING YOUR ACCREDITATION
There are two ways of renewing your accreditation:
When you receive your letter regarding renewing your accreditation the instructions will be in that letter on how to do this or you can do it all online at LPA- NLIS .
ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE
The below screen shot displays what the home page looks like when you visit the LPA – NLIS online portal :
To log-in to your account you will need the following:
- PIC number
- LPA User Id
- LPA password
Tip 1. Your user ID and password are normally the same when you first log-in.
Tip 2. You can find your User ID on the Tax Invoice provided with your purchase of a LPA NVD’s or on your original registration emails.
Tip 3. Your User ID and password can also be obtain by ringing ringing 1800 683 111, if you are already LPA accredited.
LPA ACCREDITATION CHECK
You can check online if you are LPA Accredited at LPA – NLIS – PIC SEARCH. Click the link and type in your pic number into the search box and click the [ SEARCH ] red button.
The PIC SEARCH page on the LPA – NLIS site looks like this.
If you would prefer to read over the booklet, a hard copy of the learning material can be purchased after you receive your letter regarding renewing your accreditation.
You can purchase a hard copy of the LPA Learning paperwork for $22 (including GST). This pack does not need to be fill out if you complete the assessment on-line.
Please note: If you wish to do your renewal manually this pack does not need to be filled out or purchased until after you received your letter from the Integrity Systems Company/LPA stating that you have two months to complete your assessment.
REQUIREMENTS AS OF THE 1st October 2017
The letter from Jan Weatherley “Chief Executive Officer” of Integrity Systems Company states:
As from the 1st October 2017 you need to ensure that your:
- On-farm systems meet the new requirements.
- You have filled out the Farm Biosecurity Plan.
- Ensure your on-farm handling of livestock is consistent with the Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for cattle, sheep and goats.
- When you receive your letter or email advising that you have 2 months to renew your accreditation – Complete the assessment and pay the fee $66 inc GST
These changes are being implemented by the “Integrity Systems Company”, a subsidiary of “Meat & Livestock Australia”
OCTOBER 1st 2017 SALEYARDS REQUIREMENTS
Regarding J-Bas requirements for selling cattle at our saleyards as from 1st October 2017:
All producers will need to:
- 1. Have your LPA On-Farm Plans completed (See BOVINE JOHNE’S DISEASE REQUIREMENTS FOR QLD) and keep handy and use as a reference.
- 2. Your plans should be revised every year and updated if required.
- 3. In the future you may be required to complete an on-farm LPA audit. One of the requirements is that you have an on-farm plan completed for your property at the time of the audit.
- 4. A “National Cattle Health Declaration” form should be attached to your NVD/Waybill. Please note, it will be up to the discretion of the buyer if they choose to purchase cattle without a National Cattle Health Declaration.
For more information about the new requirements for selling cattle at our saleyards please contact the office or one of the Hayesand Co Sales team